XBOX SERIES X - NORTH AMERICAN LAUNCH
Microsoft Corporation x SALT XC
For the November 2020 launch of the new Microsoft XBOX, PEAK worked with SALT XC and ASTOUND Group to create two, giant, LED “XBoxes”.
These would be part of a Top Secret global marketing project, which debuted on launch day. In addition to providing lighting, video and production support; PEAK shot and broadcast the Toronto event to the global audience, in addition to shooting a multi day timelapse recording of the builds in Washington and Toronto.
“Huge thank you to all of you and everyone else on the ground that made this week such a success. Client is beyond thrilled, and we’re beyond grateful”
- Create 40’ x 20’ floating video structure at the Toronto Harbourfront
- Viewable in a high traffic, harbour and leisure area and operated from the shoreline with remote monitoring and control of all systems for triggered sequences
- Video shot and broadcast live to a global audience.
- Create a second structure of identical proportions in a field at The Gorge Amphitheatre grounds in the Microsoft home state of Washington.
- This was a special, film-only location and was not viewable to an in-person audience.
what we delivered
- Video/Lighting design, equipment, onsite build and operation
- Coordination of two successful time sensitive builds in two countries at the same time
- 40’ x 20’ high resolution video wall at each site• Sky facing lighting grid + hazers
- Remote operation• Rigging structure revisions as per engineering spec• Provisions for power, support systems and cabling hidden in the structure
- Shot and broadcasted global livestream launch for two full days in Toronto
- Coordinated lighting and video sequences for client-provided film and drone teams and media
- Timelapse of the build in both locations