For the November 2020 launch of the new Microsoft XBOX, PEAK worked with SALT XC and ASTOUND Group to create two, giant, LED “XBoxes”. These would be part of a Top Secret global marketing project, which debuted on launch day. In addition to providing lighting, video and production support; PEAK shot and broadcast the Toronto event to the global audience, in addition to shooting a multi day timelapse recording of the builds in Washington and Toronto.
Create 40’ x 20’ floating video structure at the Toronto Harbourfront
- Viewable in a high traffic, harbour and leisure area and operated from the shoreline with remote monitoring and control of all systems for triggered sequences
- Video shot and broadcast live to a global audience.
Create a second structure of identical proportions in a field at The Gorge Amphitheatre grounds in the Microsoft home state of Washington.
- This was a special, film-only location and was not viewable to an in-person audience.
- Confidential, globally coordinated marketing project
- Floating structure in a busy harbour
- Airport located extremely close to the final operational location
- COVID-19 Restrictions
- Extreme Weather factors
- Toronto project was built at a dock and then towed several nautical miles by tugboat to the event site
- Complicated build process. Coordination of heavy equipment
- Strict engineering and authority approval requirements
- Choreographed sequences
- Daytime video and lighting.
- Livestream Broadcast
- Crowd Control/Safety Factors During Pandemic
- Video/Lighting design, equipment, onsite build and operation
- Coordination of two successful time sensitive builds in two countries at the same time
- 40’ x 20’ high resolution video wall at each site
- Sky facing lighting grid + hazers
- Remote operation
- Rigging structure revisions as per engineering spec
- Provisions for power, support systems and cabling hidden in the structure
- Shot and broadcasted global livestream launch for two full days in Toronto
- Coordinated lighting and video sequences for client-provided film and drone teams and media
- Timelapse of the build in both locations